Someone blogged recently that the more you have to write about, the less time you have to write about it. No kidding! I hope to catch up on many of these topics, but in case I don’t here is what is swirling around in my head right now:
- Peace march in Fayetteville tomorrow!
- Brian was featured in a story about podcasting on Voice of America television. I’ve been itching to write about this, you should really check it out.
- Bush’s latest appointment for Undersecretary for Public Diplomacy indicates that he still continues to confuse the definitions of “diplomacy” and “snow job.” Nominee Karen Hughes is one of the biggest PR hacks of all time. She’s the one who compared 1 million pro-choice demonstrators to terrorists. Unlikely that she understands diplomacy as anything other than a giant bullhorn.
This is just another â€˜up is downâ€™ appointments from the Bush administration (torturers to protect justice, UN-haters at the UN, warmongerers at the World Bank, etc.).
- Network-centric advocacy. I’ve been invited to do a presentation explain this concept to an emerging networking of organizations working to change U.S. global engagement (see above).
- I’m going to the National Technology Conference in Chicago next week. This is the place to be for anyone in my profession, plus there will be tons of smart and cool people there, plus it’s in Chicago. Woo!
- My friends are about to have a baby any second now and my step-dad is soldiering on against colon cancer.