Even though I was repeatedly trained to identify and avoid it as a child, I never paid poison ivy much mind. You see, I wasn’t allergic to it. Some regarded this as a supernatural power of mine, but others pointed out that my immunity might fade as I grew older.
Sadly, the gloomy future has arrived and I now have my third-ever poison ivy breakout – the second this summer. Just in time for a wedding and a hiking trip! So my question to you, dear reader (I know there’s only one of you), is what should I do? I found a benadryl spray that gives temporary relief from the itching, but it actually makes my skin feel nastier. Is there anything that will actually make the evil thing go away?