B. W. Ventril tagged me in this Internet quiz chain. I think he’s amused by the idea of making me write about something other than politics and blogs. That’s valid.
Here’s the bloggiest thing about it (and he may not realize this): BWV is totally my friend, but I don’t know who he is IRL. I think there’s a 70% chance that he’s someone I know. Perhaps he’ll comment here and enlighten me as a reward for playing the quiz. ;}
So I’m supposed to answer these questions and pass them on to three other people. Here’s goes…
- Total amount of music files on your computer?
This is actually complicated because my stuff is spread around. I have about 226 MB on my work computer (shh!) and 1.91 GB on my boyfriend’s computer (I kept going ’till his hard drive said ‘uncle’). But I also have 1 GB of music on an SD card that I play in my Treo (which is also a computer, IMO).
- The last CD you bought was…
“Connected” by the Foreign Exchange. Smoove hip hop. Recommend.
- What was the last song you listened to before reading this message?
Before and during reading this I have been listening to the Secret Agent stream from Soma FM. It’s good for working to, which is what I’m supposed to be doing.
- Write down five songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.
- “Barracuda” by Heart rocks my ass off. It gets me going which is especially helpful for cleaning the house or other shit I don’t want to do.
- “I Can’t Make You Love Me” by Bonnie Raitt breaks my heart and makes me cry every time I listen to it. Funny how I used to listen to it more when I was already heartbroken. Ah, the downward spiral…
- The whole album “Songs in the Key of Life” by Stevie Wonder represents my friends and that is a very good thing. When I listen to it I can picture them dancing and being happy. (Also his “Don’t You Worry About a Thang” on Innvervisions makes me think of my mom partying in the 70’s. A happy thought.)
- “Naive Melody (This Must Be The Place)” by the Talking Heads is the most lovely, comforting thing. I already loved it before Christa pointed out the lyric “sing into my mouth.” That just made it better. This is my favorite song by my favorite band.
- There has to be something by Parliament… probably “Flashlight” because I remember my dad telling me it was his favorite P-Funk song as I was headed out to go see them play about 5 years ago. And it is good stuff.
Wow. That was much easier than I thought it would be!
- What 3 people are you going to pass this baton to and why?
- My Cousin Gail because she is the most awesome and loyal reader of this blog! She doesn’t have her own website, so I’ll post her responses here.
- Jusinsomnia because replacing an LCD screen is way too geeky ;).
- My wonderful man because it’s not activism, but it is audio.