This weekend featured a couple of excellent sessions. Saturday we had a presentation from the founder of the CODE PINK group in Second Life (below left) and Sunday two expert machinima makers (below right) talked about how that emerging art is being used for social justice (links at the end of this post).
In next two days we will be working up to a fever pitch with at least three sessions each day, including our closing party. Any suggestions for how to make the party festive and social? See the schedule here.
Some machinima links from yesterday’s session:
- a simple tutorial: http://altzoom.buhbuhcuh.com/classroom
- great example: http://movies.lionhead.com/studio/koulamata
- how to use the alt-zoom camera: http://moomoney.wordpress.com/2006/09/14/how-to-alt-zoom-camera
- In Kenzo’s videoblog, including Camp Darfur mashup and Manor Meta shorts: http://inkenzo.blip.tv
- Hiro/Paul’s blog: http://blog.machinima.org
- moo’s blog: http://moomoney.wordpress.com
I can’t wait to check these out!