I know I can’t be the only one. Following on the success of BarCamps around the world, where geeks get together to share information and build community in a collaborative “unconference” format, folks are organizing RootsCamps for progressive organizers to debrief the 2006 election and talk about next steps. My colleague Andrew Hoppin and I are taking it one step further, to the new(ish) frontier of Second Life!
We are organizing RootsCampSL which will be a series of daily meetings with different discussion topics and speakers that will also address the brand new field of virtual campaigning in Second Life. i will post more details as they become available. For now, here’s how you can get involved:
- Join our in-world meeting today at 5pm eastern, at the Tech Soup office on Information Island.
- Visit the wiki page for RootsCampSL, where you can make suggestions and add yourself to the attendee list
- Join our Google Group and help us organize the event(s).
- If you are already a member of SecondLife, join our group “SL Netroots”.
- Spread the word by sending this link to your friends: http://rootscamp.org/RootsCampSL